'Cut Flowers From Your Garden' Workshop
Do you ...
- Long for a Cutting Patch full of flowers in your garden?
- So you can snip gorgeous scented blooms, fill your vases & even give bunches to friends & family?
- Or perhaps you're planning a wedding, party or other event & would love to decorate with home-grown flowers?
Well, join me, Rosie Gray Artisan Flower Farmer & Florist for a relaxing, fun day out this Spring & make 2020 the year your Cutting Patch is blooming marvellous!
- Take a tour of the Flower Farm to see the cut flower varieties thriving in South West Scotland
- Discover how to plan flowers to cut from Spring to the end of September
- Learn how to sow seeds for best results. You'll even sow some to take home for blooms later this year in your own garden
- We'll share tips & tricks for growing success, & our favourite varieties
- Find the best ways to prepare ground, choose composts & care for your plants to keep them blooming
- Tips for growing Dahlias (Instagram favourites) for months of blooms (& start a tuber to take home)
- How to cut & care for your flowers from your garden to your vase for long lasting loveliness
This workshop is perfect for anyone dreaming of growing cut flowers for their home. It's down-to-earth, practical & full of tips to help you succeed.
No previous experience necessary - just lots of enthusiasm & love of flowers!
The group will be small (maximum 6), relaxed & friendly so you'll have plenty of time to ask questions.
Tea/coffee & cake are included in the fee, just bring your own packed lunch. You'll take home a selection of seeds you'll have sown in the workshop plus more to try at home.
Or perhaps this would make a perfect treat for a flower lover? Why not make it a day out together?
A workshop place would make a lovely gift - let me know, & I'll pop the details in a pretty card. Just give me a few days notice so it reaches you in time!
- Date; Sunday 5th April
- Time; 10.30am - 3.30pm
- Where; Galloway Flowers, Balmaclellan, Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway DG7 3QR. Map at bottom of this page.
- Full directions will be sent - Car parking available
How to Book;
- Online through the link below
- By telephone on 01644 420407 (do leave a message if not picked up - I work outside & can't get to the phone quickly sometimes!)
Rosie Gray & Ken Leslie grow thousands of stems each year at the wildlife-rich Flower Farm between Castle Douglas & New Galloway.
A wide range is grown - from classic cut garden flowers such as Roses, Sweet Peas, Dahlias & Tulips to many unusual varieties rarely seen in a Supermarket or High Street Florist.
Rosie & Ken have years of experience growing flowers & enjoy sharing their tips & techniques to help you do so too.
Galloway Flowers has been awarded the UNESCO Galloway & South Ayrshire Biosphere Certification Mark in recognition of their commitment to sustainable horticulture & floristry.
On receipt of your booking, we’ll confirm your place & send directions to the venue. Confirmation is sent to the person who made the booking. If booking as a gift for a friend, it’s your responsibility to ensure the participant has the necessary information. Please note cancellations made within 14 days of the workshop will not be refundable. If unable to attend, you can send another person in your place – please let us know any name changes as soon as possible.
Minimum number of 4 attendees required. In the unusual event of a workshop having to be cancelled, you'll receive a full refund of the fee but we disclaim any further liability.